Friday, June 29, 2012

What We Did on Our Summer Vacation

Okay, I’m not going to go into what I did on my summer vacation, but I will say that it made for my absence from our knit-in on June 23, 2012. Still, others did go and reported what happened when Carole Wurst from Rocking Horse Farm was there to present how to use the lace carriage, and especially the garter carriage.

Below are excerpts of what Guild members had to say:

“Carole focused on the garter carriage and the lace carriage, which I thought I knew all about, but there is always something new to learn, and I did.

I brought some patterns with me to try. One being Carole's pattern for the smoke ring scarf and the other for her hat scarfer. I did make the lace smoke ring and decided rather than making a plain hat for the scarfer I would try it in a lace pattern. They both turned out good.” — Donna

“I went to part of it. I got there when she was going over the g-carriage. She gave us some wonderful tips on using it and how to prolong the life of the curly cord. She also gave some info on the lace carriage. I had to leave before the lace carriage part, but for the time I was there the demo was well received and a lot of questions were brought up, which Carole happily answered.”
— Bruce

“The knit in was a full day of sharing, knitting and learning. In the morning Carole presented information on the care and feeding of the Garter Carriage to a receptive audience. We all came away with a new understanding of this interesting addition to the Brother standard machine tools. Those who had GC's wanted to go home and make use of them right away. The afternoon presentation showed us how to use the Brother lace carriage, and what to do when there was a miscount on the number of transfer rows. The knit-in was well attended and we are looking forward to the next one.”– Mary Ann
 
clip_image002
Discussions About Machines and Yarn Often Took Place
clip_image002[4]
Knitting and Shopping Enjoyed By All
clip_image002[6]
Marilyn Winding Yarn
clip_image002[8]
The Room Was Decorated for the 4th
clip_image002[10]
Donna Shows Off Her New Tattoo While Working on her Project
clip_image002[12]
Conversation Over Lunch
If you missed this one, the next knit-in will be held on Saturday, August 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at The Crossings.

No comments: